What is the WHA
What is the Wollondilly Health Alliance?
The Wollondilly Health Alliance (WHA) was formed in March 2014 to identify and address health care access issues in Wollondilly.
The Wollondilly Health Alliance is a partnership between Wollondilly Shire Council, South Western Sydney PHN and South Western Sydney Local Health District.
The ultimate aim of the Wollondilly Health Alliance is to proactively address the ongoing health issues facing the Wollondilly community; and work towards creating a better serviced and healthier Wollondilly community.
The top health priority needs that the Wollondilly Health Alliance is focusing on are:
- Future planning for health services aligned to predicted population increase
- Better sharing of patient health information between hospitals, private and not for profit health organisations
- Improving access to community health services such as community nursing, allied health services, child and family health services, aged care and rehabilitation and mental health services
- Increasing community awareness about local health care services and treatment options
- Attracting and retaining health professionals such as General Practitioners, medical specialists and pathology and X-ray services
- Preventative health
For further information please view the WHA strategic plan.